VIVID FUTURE CASE STUDY
Basking in Brilliance
The VIVID Future website was built for the National Coalition for Telecommunications Education and Learning (NACTEL), a partnership of leading telecom employers and unions including AT&T and Verizon. NACTEL is the premier provider of online telecom education and represents more than one million workers nationwide.
NACTEL came to Malenke | Barnhart for a brand-new, one-of-a-kind website that informs job seekers around the country about upcoming career and educational opportunities in the telecom industry. Our team put its deep interactive experience to work on creating the site, performing a full range of digital services—ultimately resulting in an innovative solution that meets the client’s and the users’ needs.
NACTEL wanted the new website to:
- Excite job seekers about telecom opportunities.
- Provide a single, comprehensive education and job preparation resource.
- Empower job seekers with complete information.
- Show career paths for new and incumbent workers.
- Create an easy and entertaining experience.
- Place a stake in the ground of the social landscape.
Malenke | Barnhart created a new site that:
- The new website includes job opportunities surrounded by insider tips, helpful tools and in-depth information. Malenke | Barnhart:
- Interviewed nearly a dozen job seekers.
- Performed a detailed competitive analysis.
- Concepted, architected, designed and built a new 50+-page website.
- Consulted on content creation and management.
- Implemented a Drupal CMS for easy site updates.
- Built two robust interactive tools.
- Integrated with a third-party job board.
Although just the first of many ongoing efforts, NACTEL now has the website, as well as the foundational tools and resources it needs to reach out to potential VIVID Future users and those that influence them. The introductory video is appropriate for job-seeking high school grads as well as corporate HR offices. The Facebook and YouTube platforms offer the broadest skill, interest and experience cross-section of Internet users. And the press releases and e-mail templates offer an immediately quantifiable way to reach influencers and convert them to VIVID Future advocates.
After www.vividfuture.org launched, we completed a host of additional projects for NACTEL:
- Animated Flash promotional piece creation.
- Integrated VIVID Future YouTube channel and Facebook page setup.
- Facebook update calendar creation.
- Press release creation for various audiences.
- E-mail template creation.