United Airlines Case Study
Winners Taking Wing
The world’s leading airline, United operates about 5,800 flights a day to nearly 400 destinations throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia. The Chicago-based airline, which serves 150 million air travelers each year, got its start in 1928, and its prominent logo, tagline and theme song make it one of the most recognizable brands around the globe.
United Airlines came to Malenke | Barnhart to create an online presence for its exclusive new product offering: media services. Targeted only to Fortune 50 companies, and with a complex product/benefit story, the unique service line required a unique new website.
United Airlines challenged Malenke | Barnhart to:
- Showcase this special advertising opportunity, which promises unprecedented reach, to its limited audience.
- Open prospects’ minds to a new way of advertising and encourage them to imagine the possibilities.
- Extend United Airlines’ established brand.
- Satisfy a demanding persona by ensuring that the new site works on both desktop and mobile devices.
Malenke | Barnhart created a new site that features:
- A non-traditional product showcase that immerses the audience in the many marketing options.
- Bold visuals that highlight the opportunities within a few clicks.
- Imagery that is unique to media services while tying carefully to the overarching United Airlines brand.
- Interactivity to encourage site visitors to click through to see what’s possible.