ULTIMATE ELECTRONICS CASE STUDY
Designed to Dominate
Founded in Colorado in 1968, Ultimate Electronics grew to be a leading home electronics and entertainment retailer. Before closing in 2011, its 46 stores in 17 states found success by making each guest matter, taking the time to provide the right solution—and setting the industry standard for quality service.
When Ultimate Electronics came to Malenke | Barnhart to redesign its website, the retailer was preparing for rapid growth, despite a difficult economic climate and increasing competition from discount stores. They wanted to launch a refreshed site quickly to lay the groundwork for future enhancements, including e-commerce.
Ultimate Electronics challenged Malenke | Barnhart to:
- Enhance its online brand presence, emphasizing quality customer service and price competitiveness.
- Drive customer interest and urgency about visiting stores.
- Showcase the broad product selection.
- Display promotions without the salesy, cluttered look of print ads.
- Reduce maintenance costs through an efficient content management system (CMS).
Malenke | Barnhart created a new site with:
- A clean, open design that communicates quality and value.
- Two highly visible ways to find nearby stores.
- Rotating promotions, displayed prominently on the home page, with an uncluttered, upscale design.
- A focus on “solutions” to illustrate service, while also making the full breadth of the product line available.
- A powerful Drupal CMS for easy maintenance and growth.