ROCK BOTTOM CASE STUDY
Overflowing with Goodness
The first Rock Bottom Restaurant opened nearly 20 years ago. Now part of CraftWorks Restaurants & Breweries, the microbrewery is making history with 34 locations, more than 700 original brews and more than 125 of the industry’s most esteemed medals and awards to its name.
Rock Bottom came to Malenke | Barnhart to create a new website that features more sophisticated Web design, updated technology and custom content for each individual restaurant. And ultimately, the new site must drive website visitors into the restaurants.
Rock Bottom challenged Malenke | Barnhart to:
- Create an online brand presence that feels local—not like a chain.
- Simulate the lively microbrewery atmosphere of the restaurants.
- Help customers find restaurants easily to increase traffic.
- Simplify the site’s navigation to make information easy-to-find.
- Enable each restaurant to have its own unique content.
- Increase customer loyalty through an online loyalty club.
- Implement a CMS so the website is easier to maintain.
Malenke | Barnhart created a new site with:
- Upscale visuals that are a great reflection of the brand and in-restaurant experience.
- Large imagery and rich colors showcasing the great food and brews.
- Two prominent ways to find restaurants: Through the primary navigation and the restaurant locator widget.
- An exciting online club to increase customer loyalty.
- A single content management system for easy maintenance.