QWEST COMMUNICATIONS Case Study
Best in the West
After more than a century in business, Qwest had become one of the nation’s premier phone and data services providers. The company, which was acquired by CenturyLink in 2011, offers services to customers spanning from businesses to government agencies to consumers across the U.S.
Malenke | Barnhart served as the Qwest eBusiness group’s agency-of-record for seven years, staying deeply involved in all aspects of requirements gathering, planning, strategy, information architecture, testing, design, copywriting and development for the telecom leader’s website.
Qwest challenged us to redesign Qwest.com to:
- Feature a refreshed visual design to help them break away from their image as the “old” phone company.
- Enable online ordering through a shopping cart.
- Create a new, friendlier and more modern online brand voice.
- Work with Qwest IT to implement a new content management system (CMS) and knowledge base.
- Update the MyAccount area for easier customer self-service.
- Increase online customer service and satisfaction.
- Make the site easily updateable by multiple stakeholders.
Malenke | Barnhart launched a completely new website, including a:
- Fresh look and feel that had been validated in user testing.
- Friendlier voice and re-written content.
- Flexible CMS implemented with Qwest IT.
- New Shopping cart—the first-ever for a telecom website.
Over our 7-year relationship, Qwest and Malenke | Barnhart:
- Earned the JD Power best telecom customer service website award.
- Were recognized by Forrester Research for the best telecom website design.
- Achieved a 20% higher online customer satisfaction score than Qwest’s competitors, according to Forrester Research.
- Improved the overall customer satisfaction score from 62 to 81 in one year.
- Improved the JD Power rating from 67 to 95 in one year.
Here are just a few of the additional projects we completed for Qwest:
- Hispanic version of Qwest.com.
- Summer safety microsite.
- Democratic microsite.
- MLPS microsite.
- Bundles demo.
- Home networking demo.
- Windows Live demo.