PAETEC CASE STUDY
Making Portals Pay
New York-based telecommunications company PAETEC offers comprehensive data, voice and IP services to businesses in 86 of the nation’s top 100 metropolitan areas. Since its founding in 1998, the company has gone from a start-up with a passion for serving people to one of only 20 companies on both the Fortune 1000 and Deloitte Fast 500 in 2010.
PAETEC asked Malenke | Barnhart for help building a new customer portal. In a highly collaborative process, the Malenke | Barnhart and PAETEC teams developed use cases, application architecture, content, designs and prototypes, and conducted user tests, for this robust new application.
PAETEC challenged us to redesign its portal to:
- Make online customer self-service easier.
- Educate customers about PAETEC services.
- Provide an easy way for customers to add or upgrade services.
- Update the online PAETEC brand look and feel while remaining consistent with the public-facing website.
Malenke | Barnhart created a new site that features:
- An easy tabbed interface that exposes user management options.
- Simple, plain-language product descriptions.
- Clear pathways to enable customers to add licenses and more.
- A clean, open visual design that refreshes the brand look and feel.