OLD CHICAGO CASE STUDY
Pleasing as Pie
Founded in 1976 with nothing more than a cook, a pizza oven and a vision, Old Chicago, which is now owned by CraftWorks Restaurants and Breweries, has dozens of restaurants and franchises—not to mention some of the best deep dish pizza this side of Chicago.
Old Chicago came to Malenke | Barnhart for a website redesign that would drive more traffic to their restaurants. To achieve this, they wanted an overall design and technology update along with a robust store locator, custom restaurant content and prominent loyalty club promotions.
Old Chicago challenged us to:
- Modernize the website’s navigation, design and technology.
- Convey the brand’s fun, colorful and dynamic character.
- Extend the entertaining restaurant experience to the Web.
- Make nearby restaurants easy-to-find to drive traffic.
- Entice customers to join, visit and try the great pizza.
- Increase customer loyalty through an online loyalty club.
- Streamline maintenance on the two restaurants’ websites.
Malenke | Barnhart created a new site with:
- Fun, engaging visuals that are a great reflection of the brand and in-restaurant experience.
- Large imagery showcasing Old Chicago’s great pizza.
- Two prominent ways to find restaurants: Through the primary navigation and the restaurant locator widget.
- An exciting online club to increase customer loyalty.
- A single content management system for easy maintenance.