GIRL SCOUTS OF COLORADO CASE STUDY
Badge-Worthy Web Work
The Girl Scouts of Colorado includes 33,000 girls and 10,000 adults who come together to form one statewide council. Backed by nearly 100 years of experience, Girls Scouts teaches girls aged 5 – 17 real-world skills that help them on the road to becoming tomorrow’s leaders and global citizens.
The newly formed Girl Scouts of Colorado statewide council came to Malenke | Barnhart for a new website that would act as the unified council’s new public face and serve the entire membership. They also wanted their website to be easy-to-use and update—now and into the future.
The Girl Scouts challenged us to redesign their site to:
- Build awareness, interest and a new brand identity for the unified council.
- Serve the needs of current members, donors and volunteers.
- Update easily from anywhere.
Malenke | Barnhart created a new site that features:
- A bright, cheerful design that presents the entire organization under a unified umbrella.
- User-friendly architecture that makes details easy to find.
- A robust content management system for easy updates.
The site launch coincided with the Girl Scouts of Colorado’s announcement about their new super-organization. Member families, volunteers, donors—and especially the girls—loved their new “virtual council”.