CAEL CASE STUDY
Top of the Class
For the past 30 years, the non-profit Council for Adult and Experiential Learning (CAEL) has worked with individuals, colleges, employers and workforce developers to ensure that every adult around the world has the education they need to do meaningful work.
CAEL came to Malenke | Barnhart for a complete website redesign. They were unhappy with the current site’s visual design, navigation flow and labeling, copy, and search functionality. In addition to correcting all of this, the new site needed to tie in to a powerful content management system (CMS) that would work for them now and into the future.
CAEL challenged us to redesign its site to:
- Refresh the look and feel.
- Communicate clearly what they do.
- Position them as a thought leader in the increasingly important adult learning field.
- Empower their diverse audiences by making it easy for them to find the resources and information they’re looking for—and to take action.
- Enable easy content additions and refreshes.
Malenke | Barnhart created a new site that features:
- A bold, professional, branded visual design with crisp imagery and a custom color palette for each audience.
- A primary navigation tailored to helping visitors understand CAEL.
- Two ways for each audience to reach its information: from the primary navigation and from the audience-specific rotating home page image.
- An information-packed utility navigation at the top of every page.
- Tagline integration on every page to highlight that CAEL is “The Leader in Linking Learning and Work.”
- Copy that is clear and concise, and creates the necessary context to help site visitors understand what CAEL can do for them.
- Clear calls to action on every page, encouraging site visitors to join, donate and contact CAEL.
- A Kentico CMS (developed by our partner, BlueModus) that will enable CAEL to manage its content easily—and evolve its site strategically over time.