ALTA COLLEGE CASE STUDY
A Study in Success
Westwood College, Westwood Online and Redstone College make up Alta College, Inc., a six-state system of higher education institutions with more than 20,000 graduates from 19 campuses. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, Alta is a leader in career-focused education, meeting workforce needs for in-demand employment fields.
Alta College wanted three websites united by a consistent, professional look with distinguishable identities for each college. Improved user experience, consistency and visual appeal were all important, but at the end of the day, what the team really wanted was leads.
Alta challenged us to redesign its three websites to:
- Build individual college identities under a consistent Alta brand.
- Rebrand Westwood College, which had evolved from a technical institute into a career college with broad, general appeal.
- Help potential students feel confident in Westwood Online’s virtual classroom experience.
- Create excitement among prospective construction, aviation and repair students about Redstone College’s hands-on curriculum.
- Optimize all three sites for search engines.
Malenke | Barnhart created three new sites that feature:
- New, visually appealing and easy-to-navigate designs.
- A new look and feel for Westwood College to position it as career-focused instead of technical.
- A Westwood Online Flash demo that guides potential students through the college’s exceptional virtual class experience.
- Dramatic images, a high-intensity demo and an interactive photo gallery to promote the hands-on education at Redstone College.
- Search engine optimization for improved lead generation.
When Alta Colleges launched its three new sites, it created a powerful and consistent online presence, taking its brands to the next level—and increasing the number of Web-generated leads.