2-10 HOME BUYERS WARRANTY CASE STUDY
Online Ease Guaranteed
For the past 30+ years, 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty (HBW) has helped preserve the American dream for more than 2.5 million people. As an innovator in the home warranty business, they provide comprehensive home warranty services to homeowners, builders, service providers and real estate professionals nationwide.
2-10 HBW came to Malenke | Barnhart in 2009 to engage in a long-term, phased redesign of its website, including the corporate site and four sites targeted to its main audiences: homeowners, builders, service providers and real estate professionals. They thought the existing site was unfriendly, outdated and difficult to navigate—and wanted our help in improving the user experience.
2-10 HBW challenged us to:
- Update the look and feel to be warm and inviting.
- Improve each audience’s access to its specific content.
- Bring buried content to the surface.
- Create an intuitive warranty renewal flow for user self-service.
- Create an extensible and flexible technology foundation to enable future functionality, such as e-commerce and CRM capabilities.
Malenke | Barnhart created five new sites that feature:
- New, easy-to-use architecture, design and content.
- A new, robust CMS that allows for easy management of a variety of content.
- Integration with legacy systems to expose buried data, making it more useful and timely to client stakeholders.
- An interactive demo that clarifies what 2-10 HBW offers.
- Technologies such as expand/collapse that organize large amounts of information so users don’t get overwhelmed.
- Color palettes and imagery that are tailored to the individual audiences while working within a unified system.
- Rotating headers on each site that highlight key benefit messages and images for that specific audience.
The 2-10 HBW team has enjoyed the ease of use of their new site, which enables them to keep their content fresh and will allow for future growth including direct-to-consumer sales. For site users, the site redesign has meant streamlined flows throughout the transaction process—and an easier overall experience.
After www.2-10.com launched, we completed a host of additional projects for 2-10 HBW:
- Email marketing campaign creation.
- Landing page design and development.
- R410A microsite copy, design and development.